Seven Springs is committed to sustainable forward-thinking practices through recycling and waste reduction. Employees and guests alike are reducing waste through various avenues provided by the resort.
Keeping Waste Down
– Placed 16 sets of recycling containers in Hotel Lobby, at each elevator landing, and on lodge-side hallways.
– Placed recycling containers on the ski slopes and trails.
– The single stream recycling program has prevented the disposal of 17.9 tons of paper, plastic and glass between January 1, 2015 and August 1, 2015.
– We have recycled 348 batteries and 1,989 light bulbs between January 1, 2015 and September 8, 2015
– Between January 1, 2015 and September 8, 2015, we recycled approximately 4,700 lbs of cooking oil used to create biofuels.
– Cardboard recycling between January 1, 2015 and September 8, 2015 totaled more than 45 tons.
– Collect and store more than 1,000 gallons of motor oil each year from the vehicle maintenance area and use it to fuel heaters in the snowmaking maintenance area.
– Over the last several years, Seven Springs has undergone many renovations. Often times materials from these projects have been repurposed in other projects throughout the resort.