Recycling and Waste Reduction
- – Placed 16 sets of recycling containers in Hotel Lobby, at each elevator landing, and on lodge-side hallways.
- – Placed recycling containers on the ski slopes and trails.
- – The single stream recycling program has prevented the disposal of 17.9 tons of paper, plastic and glass between January 1, 2015 and August 1, 2015.
- – We have recycled 348 batteries and 1,989 light bulbs between January 1, 2015 and September 8, 2015
- – Between January 1, 2015 and September 8, 2015, we recycled approximately 4,700 lbs of cooking oil used to create biofuels.
- – Cardboard recycling between January 1, 2015 and September 8, 2015 totaled more than 45 tons.
- – Collect and store more than 1,000 gallons of motor oil each year from the vehicle maintenance area and use it to fuel heaters in the snowmaking maintenance area.
- – Over the last several years, Seven Springs has undergone many renovations. Often times materials from these projects have been repurposed in other projects throughout the resort.