Snowmaking and Slope Activities
- - Created a virtually closed loop water system for snowmaking.
- - Captured in a series of collector ponds at the base of the mountain, which are filled from rain, run-off and melting snow
- - Installed energy-efficient, low-emission air compressors
- - Developed snow guns to achieve the most efficient water to air ratio in the industry and significantly lower the need for compressed air.
- - In 2010, we replaced diesel compressors with energy efficient electric compressors. The old compressors typically used 100,000 gallons of fuel each ski season.
- - Identified areas to run low-energy, gravity-fed snow guns to make snow without operating pumps.