Before you begin to explore the lift serviced downhill mountain bike terrain at Seven Springs consider taking a lesson. Our bike professionals are here to make sure you have a fun, safe and memorable experience on our trails. We now offer Downhill Mountain Bike Lessons for Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced Riders.
Our Downhill Biking Lessons will cover the following areas for each lesson level.
- - What bike is right for the ride you would like.
- - How protective equipment should fit.
- - Basic controls of the bike and ways to change the characteristics of the bike.
- - Riding Position
- - Using a Chairlift with a bike
- - Differences between trails.
- - Tuning the set up of your bike for the trail you are riding.
- - Tackling technical terrain
- - Introduction to Jumps, Drops, and Steeps
- - Maintaining Momentum
- - Advanced Jumps and Features
- - Alternate Riding Line choices
- - Overall Riding Style
- - Cornering Speed
- - Race Awareness
Choosing the right lesson level and lesson package is important. We offer three lesson packages to choose from:
Two-Hour Instruction: Park Ticket, Bike Rental and Gear and not provided.
Two-Hour Experience Downhill: Includes Two hour downhill bike rental, trail access ticket, protective gear and guided instruction. After your lesson you can rent your bike for half the day for only $25 more!
Two-Day Downhill Experience: Includes Two days of two hour downhill bike rentals, trail access tickets, protective gear and guided instruction.
Downhill Mountain Biking Lessons
Prices do not include applicable taxes.
- - Open Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day and Saturdays and Sundays, through October 21, 2018, weather permitting. The Adventure Center and all adventure activities will be closed August 27-31, 2018.
- - Please refer to the Mountain Courier or the Summer Adventure Report for this weeks hours.
- - The North Face Downhill Trails will open on Saturday, July 14.
- - Park hours subject to change based on weather and daylight.