Seven Springs is committed to promoting slope safety. Share the slopes and be courteous to others. Be aware that there are elements of risk in snowsports that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Observe Your Responsibility Code and share it with others on the slopes for a great snowsports experience!
Your Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
- For your safety, please remove backpacks before loading the chairlift as backpack can become caught in the chairs and chairlift components and can also limit your ability to sit fully in the chair, thus creating increased risk
Safety Tips on the Slopes
- Take a lesson – trained instructors can teach you more quickly and safely then learning on your own or from a friend.
- Share the slopes; enjoy a lifetime of skiing or snowboarding.
- Be “predictable” when skiing: Don’t suddenly swerve or stop.
- Go with the flow; pass others cautiously.
- Observe the areas posted as “Slow Zones” and slow down, regardless of your ability level.
- Fast or reckless skiing and snowboarding can result in injury to you or others and could result in the loss of your ski and snowboard ticket or season pass.
- Be courteous to others.
- End the day on a positive note. Stop skiing or snowboarding with the first signs of fatigue.
- Use caution when walking on steps, walkways and parking lots. Melting and freezing can cause surfaces to become slippery.
- A helmet is an important safety consideration. Use your head. Educate yourself about helmet use.
- Know the slope and trail ability designations.
Additional Mountain Safety
For the safety of our guests, the following items are prohibited from being used on any slope or trail at Seven Springs from November 1 through the end of Ski Season by anyone other than authorized personnel:
- Snow bikes, Fat bikes, ski bikes, mountain bikes, snow scooters, snow skates, sleds, toboggans, snowmobiles, ATV’s, motor vehicles, cross country mountain biking and snowshoes.