Winter Operating Plan
Now more than ever, we recognize that outdoor recreation and family adventures are an important part of a healthy lifestyle and we will be doing everything we can to keep you, your family and our staff safe and healthy this winter.
In order to make this season a success, we need everyone’s help. We believe that many of the operational changes described below will protect your health and safety and make it easy for you to get on the snow. Please review this information carefully and remember that your patience and understanding are one of the biggest keys to a successful season.
ADVANCE TICKET PURCHASE REQUIRED!
For the best mountain adventure experience, Seven Springs will be managing on-snow capacity by limiting the number of lift tickets sold each day. Please plan ahead and buy your tickets online.
This DOES NOT affect Season Passholders, Super 7 Passholders and Lodging Guests as they are welcome to ski or snowboard any day without an advanced purchase.
Q. How far in advance can I book my tickets?
A. Tickets will be available up to 14 days out.
Q. Can I still buy a lift ticket at the resort?
A. Yes, but we cannot guarantee that tickets will be available.
Q. Is my lift ticket transferable?
A. No, lift tickets are non-transferrable. Lift tickets are only available for the ticketed guest name and for the date you purchased.
Q. I am planning a ski trip this winter to stay in your hotel, what if lift tickets are sold out?
A. All lodging guests will have the ability to buy lift tickets on all days of their stay.
Q. Are you selling twilight tickets?
A. No. We are limiting the number of skiers and riders on the mountain and will not be offering twilight tickets. We are only selling an all day ticket and night tickets, while supplies last.
Q. I have a pass, do I need to make a reservation?
A. Passholders do not need to make a reservation.
Q. I have lessons booked? What do I do?
A. You will be guaranteed a lift ticket if you reserve a lesson
Q. What happens if I book/purchase my tickets and then can’t make it due to health concerns.
A. Our Guest Services can offer a refund.
Q. What if I want to purchase a ticket with the Military discount?
A. Please show your ID at Guests Services to purchase or pick up your lift ticket. There is no maximum for these tickets. .
Q. What if I am a 70-79 year old half price ticket buyer or 80+ complimentary ticket buyer?
A. Please show your ID at Guests Services to purchase or pick up your lift ticket. There are no maximum for these tickets.
We have moved season passes, lift tickets, ski and snowboard rentals and snowsports school lessons to a convenient, easy-to-use online purchasing system.
Please remember that this means that you will need to plan ahead and make your purchases in advance this winter. The good news is that with these changes we will see everyone spending less time indoors, less contact with high-touch points and more time on the snow!
Pre-purchase your lift tickets using your mobile device or computer, it’s quick and easy! Simply present your mobile purchase bar code to the toll booth attendant at the Main Entrance or North Gate Entrances to the resort. The attendant will scan your code, you will receive your ticket and wicket and you’ll be on your way to hit the slopes!
The lift line will look a little different this year. Guests will still be asked to load in groups, however our staff will not ask guests to form groups with someone who is not with their traveling group or "herd". If a guest requests to sit alone, staff will allow the single or group to ride separately on any lift.
- All guests are required to wear a face covering while in the lift line and riding the lift.
- All guests are required to maintain 6’ physical distancing while in line (except among groups traveling together).
- Lift lines will have 6’ spacing between adjacent lines and other guests/employees.
- Signage and markers will be used to help queue the guests at 6’ spacing in lift lines.
- Side to side distancing will be achieved with “ghost” lanes when adequate space is available.
- Conveyors will have markers indicating 6’ spacing.
Day Use Lockers
Limited day use lockers will be available to allow for maximum social distancing. We have also introduced expanded basket check service, located in the area formally used as the Main Snowsports School, directly across from the Rental Center.
BUY LIFT TICKETS
Monday - Thursday
- Kids 6-11
- All Day 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.*
- Thursday Night 4 - 9 p.m.
Open until 9 p.m. on Thursdays
Friday - Sunday
- Kids 6-11
- All Day 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.*
- Fri. or Sat. Night 4 - 9 p.m.*
Open until 7 p.m. on Sundays
Holidays, Jan 15 - 18
- Kids 6-11
- All Day 9 a.m. - 9p.m.*
- Fri., Sat., or Sun. Night 4 - 9p.m.*
Open until 7 p.m. on Holiday Mondays.
Please note that the slopes will open at 8 a.m. for Seven Springs and Highlands Season Passholders on Saturdays and Sundays. Pre-purchased ticketed skiers and snowboarders will be able to access the lifts beginning at 9 a.m. on the weekends. Midweek season passes are not valid during the weekend.
Prices do not include applicable taxes.
Seven Springs Mountain Resort
- Sunday-Wednesday 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Thursday-Saturday & Holidays* 9 a.m.- 9 p.m.
Hidden Valley Resort
- Monday - Thursday 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, Saturday & Holidays 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Sunday 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Laurel Mountain Resort
- Sunday-Thursday 9a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
All hours are subject to change and are weather permitting. Please check the Snow Report for each resort for today's hours.
- Due to weather conditions, please check the snow report for hours of operation.
- Child rate applies to ages 6-11.
- Children 5 and under ski free with paying adult (must obtain ticket).
- Adults 80+ ski free (must obtain ticket at Guest Services, located lower level of Skier Service Building).
- Adults 70-79 receive half price off the regular rate.
- Gift Cards and Visa type Gift Cards cannot be redeemed online for ticket purchases.
- Discounted overnight lodging, ski and snowboard tickets and snow tubing tickets are available to all Active-Duty, Reserve, Retired, or Dependent United States military personnel and DOD employee. LEARN MORE
- Slope access is permitted only during chairlift operating hours and with valid lift ticket or season pass
- Holiday rates are in effect Dec. 18, 2020 - Jan. 3, 2021; Jan. 15-18 and Feb. 12-15, 2021.