One and A Half Hour Zipline Tour
- DAILY per person
All-Day Adventure Pass Add-on
- ONE & A Half HOUR ZIPLINE ADDED ON TO YOUR ADVENTURE PASS per person
One and A Half Hour Zipline Tour Group Rate
- GROUP OF 20 OR MORE per person
Prices do not include applicable taxes.
Screaming Hawk Zipline Reservations
- Reservations are strongly recommended 48 hours in advance but walk-ins are accepted based on availability.
- Tours are limited to groups of eight.
- Please arrive at least 30-minutes prior to your scheduled tour time at the Seven Springs Adventure Center to check in and prepare (Lower level of the Ski Lodge).
- For reservations or more information, please call 800-452-2223, ext. 7997.
Please note: Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance for a full refund. Refunds will not be issued for cancellations made less than 48 hours from scheduled tour time and no-shows.
Screaming Hawk Zipline Hours of Operation
Seven Springs has and will continue to comply with all Pennsylvania Department of Health and State mandates regarding closures, health and well-being protocols and following all Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines regarding social distancing.
Our outdoor adventures were deemed non-essential, no firm date for opening has been determined at this time and we will not be operating for Memorial Day Weekend. All resort facilities are closed, with the exception of Golf, Sporting Clays, Highlands Resort Real Estate and the Highlands Market.
Thank you for your ongoing support and patience as we plan for the future. Once mandates are lifted and Governor Wolf permits business to reopen all activities, our goal is to re-establish our resort operations and workplace where employees and guests will feel comfortable.
- Please refer to the Weekly Schedule for this weeks hours
- Midweek tours are available for groups of 6 or more after Labor Day. Please call for more information.
- All tours are weather permitting.
- Training is provided and includes a short, low zip before entering the actual course.
- Tours are approximately one and a half hours in length, depending on the number of participants.
If you’re looking for a summer thrill ride, you’ve come to the right place! Your high-adrenaline adventure on the Screaming Hawk Zipline begins at the Adventure Center, located in the lower level of the Ski Lodge. Here, you’ll complete your registration, meet your guides, get geared up and head outside to the course. Read through this station to station narrative of our Screaming Hawk Zipline Adventure, review our Frequently Asked Questions and our Zipline Guidelines to ensure you have a fun and enjoyable adventure!
Don't let those teetering towers intimidate you too much. They don't seem so high once you're up there... or do they? Once you've reached the beginning of the course via Magic Carpet, your guides will take it a little easy on you and let you get your bearings on the practice zip. Here they will hook you into a short, ground-level zipline and explain how your gear works. Once you get the hang of zipping, it's time for the real thing.
The course begins with the Spider Web cargo net. See if you can climb up as fast as your guide. It's not as easy as it looks! The Spider Web brings you to your first aerial view of Seven Springs on Copperhead Tower and it only gets better from here.
Take a deep breath, a moment of clarity, whatever you need... and take that first step. As your feet leave the platform, you'll find yourself dangling above the ground, zooming 350 feet to your next destination. Before you know it, your feet are back on solid... wait, this 60-foot tall platform is swaying in the wind. Welcome to Flying Squirrel Perch.
Catch your breath and take in some stunning views of the Laurel Highlands as you wait for the next zip. It's time to pick up the pace and zip another 350 feet to Rattlesnake Roost. That one seemed a bit faster, didn't it?
By now, you're starting to get the hang of this ziplining thing. Time to go farther and faster. The next zip takes you 425 feet to Red Fox Landing. You may notice a rickety-looking bridge on the other side of the platform. You're taking your first look at Black Bear Bridge. Make your way across this bouncing, swaying traverse and don't look down, vertigo makes it a lot harder!
Take another deep breath. You made it! Welcome to Venom Tower, the start of your final blood-pumping zip. The lead guide looks awfully tiny from 777 feet away and you're next. Be sure to keep your eyes open as you zoom up to 50 mph across the final zip, taking in some amazing views of the mountain. Don't forget to wave to any bystanders standing below as you rush down the final lengths of the cable.
You did it! You defeated the Screaming Hawk Zipline! Wait... what's that over there? You almost forgot about Jack Rabbit Jump. Just as you're recovering from all the excitement, your guide will hook you into an auto-belay system to exit the course. Do you have it in you to just... step off that ledge? Deep breaths, deep breaths. Close your eyes. Your heart may skip a beat as you feel your feet, once again, leave the platform and you head straight for the ground. Before you know it, your toes touch that sweet, solid ground again. That wasn't so bad, was it?
What should I wear?
Dress for the weather, we do zip even in the rain. We require close toed shoes that lace or velcro. Please pull back or tuck in any long hair. No loose clothing.
Where do we check-in for the zipline tour?
Please come to the Adventure Center, which is located in the lower level of the Ski Lodge. This is where you will fill-out paperwork, be fitted with equipment and receive the first part of your zip orientation. We recommend checking in at least 30 minutes before your scheduled zip time.
Can I bring a backpack?
No, backpacks are not permitted on the course.
Why are there weight limits?
Manufactures of the equipment recommend a daily working load of 70-250 lbs. This is strictly enforced guests will be weighed in at check-in. If these guidelines are not met, they are not permitted to participate and will not be refunded.
Can I bring a camera?
Yes, at your own risk, we recommend a camera with a strap so it can be secured.
Do you take photos of the tour?
Yes, they are available for purchase after the tour.
Can I watch from the ground?
Yes, but we ask that you remain on paved area near the lodge while viewing the zippers.
Can I wear my glasses?
Yes, but you might consider wearing an eyeglass strap to ensure that your glasses do not fall off. Seven Springs is not responsible for any items dropped from the course and cannot recover any items dropped from the course.
Why can’t you give me an exact length of time for the tour?
We recommend allowing 1.5 to 2 hours for your tour as many factors help to determine the exactly length…if the tour is fully booked, changes in weather and if the other people on your tour are scared. Please allow enough time before and after your tour.
How fast do you go?
Depending on the wind, you will reach speeds of up to 30 mph
How high/long is the cargo net?
You will be climbing 20 feet worth of cargo net to the first zipline platform
How high is the zipline?
It is anywhere from 15 feet to 50 feet off the ground and you will be clipped in at all times.
Do the guides accept tips?
Yes! Tips are accepted and appreciated. Our guides work very hard to ensure you have a fun, safe and exciting adventure. Enjoyed your zip? Feel free to tip!
- Screaming Hawk tours meet at the Adventure Center.
- We require that you arrive 30 minutes before your tour time to get properly checked-in
- You must be at least 10 years of age.
- Children ages 10-15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children ages 16-17 must have an adult sign their release form
- Weight limit is 70 to 250 lbs. Each participant will be weighed in at the time of check-in.
- If you are pregnant, you may not participate.
- Participate at your own risk. This is a high-activity sport. You must be in good health. If you suffer from back, neck or heart problems, broken bones or have any other physical or medical problems, you should not participate.
- Closed-toed shoes with laces are required. No heels, sandals, clogs, Crocs or flip flops. No bare feet.
- No loose clothing is permitted.
- Long hair must be tied back and tucked in.
- Wear appropriate clothing for the conditions, i.e. rain, cold or snow.
- No loose objects are permitted on your person. Cameras and cell phones must be secured or put away.
- Only one person is permitted on a zipline at a time. Zipline must be clear before zipping.
- Do not push anyone while they are on the zipline course.
- Do not drop litter or objects while zipping.
- Do not turn upside down as serious injury could result.
- Do not attempt to handle the safety clips. The guide will clip you onto the line to begin your zip. When you reach the bottom, wait for the guide to unclip you from the line.
- Obey the guide’s instructions at all times.
- Reckless behavior is prohibited.
- You may not zip if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Ear buds may not be worn while zipping.
- If you have any questions, please ask your guide.
Adventures Liability Form
All participants in this adventure must fill out an online summer liability form. Please click on the button below and fill out prior to your visit.
Please note: If you have already filled out a summer adventure liability form this summer, you do not have to fill out another one this year. e.g. I am purchasing an All-Day Adventure Pass today and will be coming back in a few weeks for a zipline tour.